I'm already kind of regretting the name of this brew, but don't want to change it really. Anyway, politics aside, I put this into bottles and a mini-keg last week but forgot to blog about it. Really, it was such a hassle I didn't want to write about it at the time, but feel like I should now.
I started off with 10litres in the fermenter, and the plan was to put half into the keg and half into bottles. I've got a 10litre fermenting bucket with a tap on that I used as a bottling bucket of sorts. I basically had a length of hose on the end of the tap to deliver the beer to the bottom of the bottle. It kind of worked in theory as a crude bottling stick, but was a lot of hassle and I will therefor be getting a bottler before the next brew. By the time I had syphoned the brew into the bottling bucket, it was down to 8 litres on account of there being a whole pile of grossness at the bottom. I guess this was mostly cold break material as this brew wasn't crash cooled. Again, before the next brew, I need some way of cooling it quickly. Filling the keg went without incident but the bottles ended up being a pain and I only got 5 filled before I got too annoyed with holding the bottle and tipping the bucket etc.
Anyway, it's done now and I just have to wait about 4 weeks to tap the keg and see if it was all worth it.
In other news, the St Peter's Ruby Red is tasting pretty nice.