Sunday 11 October 2009

Slow Starter

Hi, and welcome to the Boiler Room Brewery Blog.

I started brewing beer a few months back and so far have 4 successful (and 1 unsuccessful) kit brews under my belt. By kit brews I mean the sort of kit that you can buy which contains a can or two of malt extract and some yeast. You basically pour the cans into your bucket, add water then sprinkle the yeast on and hey presto you're brewing! Kit brewing is easy and creates drinkable (some very nice) results. But it is a little boring.

I intend to move towards Extract, and then All Grain, brewing over the next few months, and will write about what I do and how I do it here. As well as what kits I've been up to and what equipment I use.

For now, if you are looking to get into brewing, you could do a lot worse than heading over to Jim's Beer Kit to find out what you want to know.

1 comment:

  1. HI Phil- you should check out my friend Ally's beer blog: http://impymalting.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete