Friday 6 November 2009

Appreciation: Cooper's Sparkling Ale

So I figure I might do some 'appreciations' of beers that I drink if it occurs to me to do so.  Tonight, SWMBO has gone for dinner with 'the girls' leaving me at her place with nobody to play with.  I walked her down to the restaurant and called into Oddbins on the way to pick up something to drink.  They had a reasonable selection including this Antipodean offering that I fancied trying because there is a kit version avilable.  So here goes:

As I kind of expected, this isn't really an 'ale' as we in Britain would think of it.  To me, it's much more like a Wheat Beer, which I think of as a lager.  That said, it is nice.  It is pretty fizzy, which is what hits you first, followed by a reasonably high level of bitterness.  The mouthfeel is somewhat thin, but this is made up for by the pretty large aromas coming through the nose.

As you can see, I'm not very good at writing about beer, I'm better at drinking it.  But maybe I'll get better...

No comments:

Post a Comment